Children’s Sunday School begins after service and runs until 11:30 am. It meets upstairs, one room for older kids and one room for younger kids.
—-In Fall 2019 preschoolers and kids will learn about the power of Jesus through His miracles, how God makes and is faithful to keep covenants with His people, and how God gave us His inspired Word — the Bible — to help us learn and know how to live for Him.
—-Older Kids fall 2019 study focuses on:
- Simplicity: Finding Contentment in a Busy Life (Unit 1): We live in a world where innovation is at an all-time high. It seems that every week a newer version of something you just purchased is on the market. It’s bigger and better and it fuels a feeling of discontentment. How can we live with simplicity in a world that forever tempts us to be discontent with what we have and to fill our lives with more? Thankfully, the Bible has a lot to say about contentment. In these six sessions, we will discover biblical principles for simplicity and contentment—and it begins with a focus on Christ. By the end of this unit, we will all be able to say with the apostle Paul, “In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content—whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. I am able to do all things through him who strengthens me” (Phil. 4:12-13).
- How to Know God’s Will (Unit 2): Everybody wants to live well, but what does that look like? And how do we get there? If I choose Door #1, how do I know Door #2 wouldn’t have been the better choice? What if we make a mistake? Without knowing the future, it is often difficult to know which is the best decision. Thankfully, He knows the future. He knows the best way for us to experience abundant life in Christ—and He wants us to know it too! God doesn’t hide His will or make it difficult to find. It is readily available to those who want to know and follow Him. In this study, we will examine what Scripture reveals about how to know God’s will. When we learn to follow it, we will experience the abundant life God desires for us.
- Thirteen sessions: two units (Simplicity: Finding Contentment in a Busy Life and How to Know God’s Will).
- Strong visuals and a conversational tone—each session is built around one central point.
- Powerful discussion questions, reflective activities, and interactive opportunities throughout help students understand and connect with God’s Word.
- Christ, Community, and Culture “Live It Out” that encourages students to live out God’s Word personally, as a group, and in their community.
- Five days of short devotionals to keep students engaged in God’s Word throughout the week.
“Go to the ant, you lazy person; observe its ways and grow wise. The ant has no commander, officer, or ruler. Even so, it gets its food in summer; gathers its provisions at harvest.
-Proverbs 6:6-8 (CEB)
Solomon is telling the people to work hard so they will be ready when hard times come.
Building our glittery play dough Temples.
“The Lord’s word came to Solomon, Regarding this temple that you are building: If you follow my laws, enact my regulations, and keep all my commands faithfully, then I will fulfill for you my promise that I made to your father David. I will live among the Israelites. I won’t abandon my people Israel.”
-1 Kings 6:11-13 (CEB)
We were using is What’s in the Bible? from Veggie Tales® creator Phil Vischer.
We get together from time to time and have youth outings, perform community outreach, and hold bible studies.
Boy Scouts of America
Cub Scouts, Pack 0012, meet every Monday from 6:30pm to 7:45pm.
For more information contact Debra Jones at (215) 245-0424 or visit the website.
Girl Scouts meet every Thursday from 6:30 to 7:45pm.
For more information visit the website.